Concerning Recent Unauthorized Website Alteration
February 20, 2014
Nippon Yakin Kogyo Co., Ltd.
Nippon Yakin Kogyo Co., Ltd., has determined that a third party recently gained unauthorized entry to and altered a portion of our website. We apologize for this incident, particularly for any troubles that resulted. At this point in our investigation, we have not discovered any evidence that customer information was accessed. The website has now been restored and is safe to use.
1. The affected website area:
High-Performance Alloys (Japanese version only)
2. Period of alteration and number of visitors
5:05 p.m., February 10 to 12:20 p.m., February 19, 2014
Approximately 260 pages were viewed by approximately 160 visitors
3. Details of the alteration
(1) People viewing the affected webpages during the alteration period may have had their browser redirected to an unauthorized site.
(2) At that unauthorized site, malware (such as a virus) may have been downloaded automatically, infecting the viewer’s computer.
4. Security Measures
We ask that anyone visiting our website during this period update their antivirus software and run a full computer scan to remove any malware that may have been installed. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.
At Nippon Yakin Kogyo Co., Ltd., we take security very seriously. To ensure our customers can enjoy a safe browsing experience, we are further strengthening the security and monitoring measures we have in place. Once again, we apologize sincerely for any trouble this incident has caused. We appreciate your business and thank you for using our products and services.